Protect Organic Food! Support Organic Farmers!
The U.S. will approve Monsanto’s genetically engineered (GE) alfalfa
unless we stop them. Organic food and farming in the U.S. and Canada
is under immediate threat.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture has released its draft
Environmental Impact Statement on GE alfalfa and is accepting comments
until end of day Feb 16, 2010.
– Contamination of organic food from GE alfalfa will happen but
it doesn’t really matter.
– Consumers don’t care if organic food is contaminated with GE
– GE alfalfa will result in fewer small farmers and fewer
organic farmers but that’s okay.
Tell the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) you DO care about
organic food and organic farmers!
Organic farming bans the use of genetically engineered organisms. Stop
Monsanto from destroying organic farming in the U.S. and Canada!
1. A sample letter – for Canadian organic consumers to send – is
below. You can submit your letter at (copy and paste the whole URL) :www.regulations.gov/search/Regs/home.html#submitComment
2. We also invite all organizations, producer associations, companies
and community groups to endorse the No to GE Alfalfa campaign by
signing on the statement opposing GE alfalfa in Canada. Go here to
sign on http://www.cban.ca/content/view/full/631
For more information, action and background: http://www.cban.ca/alfalfa