CALL TO ACTION:
Help make sure the Union of BC Municipalities passes a resolution to make our province GE-Free!
When: September 18, 2013, 7 am to 10 am
Where: outside of the Vancouver Convention Centre, 1055 Canada Place, Vancouver
Vancouver – Grab a sign, chant, or simply stand with us in solidarity! Join us to show your support for a GE Free BC at the Union of BC Municipalities (UBCM) big annual meeting.
This annual meeting will debate a resolution to make the whole of BC GE Free! We are asking our municipal councilors to pass a resolution requesting the provincial government to declare, through legislation, BC as a GE Free area in respects to all seeds, plants, and animal species.
We will congregate outside the Vancouver Convention Centre (1055 Canada Place, Vancouver), from 7 am until 10 am, to peacefully show our desire to see this resolution passed. We will bring over 5000 signatures on our petition!
How you can help:
Its time to make your voice heard! There are lots of ways you can help us make a difference:
- Join us on September 18 in Vancouver!
- Please spread the word about this event.
- Write your municipal council members to let them know why you want them to vote YES at UBCM meeting.
- Ask your friends to talk to their municipal councilors
- Follow our GE Free BC Petition Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ubcm.petition?ref=hl
- Sign the online petition: http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/vote-yes-for-a-ge-gmo-free-bc-at-the-ubcm-september-2013-convention
- Stay tuned for updates and actions.
Contact: For more information on the action on September 18, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org